I help Women in Tech get more career recognition
by developing their resilience and self-belief
so they become authentic leaders and role models.
Hi, I’m Emma,
I’ve worked in tech for the last 20 years. As a developer, as a manager, as a leader and as a coach.
If you’re anything like me you got into tech because you wanted to make a difference to the world. You love solving problems, finding solutions and seeing these turn into products that make a difference to people’s lives.
But this is a male-dominated world, and that can mean we don’t get the recognition we deserve.
As a woman working in tech, it can be challenging to carve out a career path and get to a position of influence when the leaders who create the “rules” for promotion and recognition are mostly men. Rewards are given for being achievement-focused, competitive, logical and rational, and for showing high commitment by working long hours.
Female traits, such as collaboration, connection, empathy and intuition tend not to be valued. So in order to get recognition, we need to learn to be more “male”.
But do we really? Is there another way?
The traits of true, authentic leaders are underpinned by:
- belief in ourselves and what we stand for
- connection with a mission greater than ourselves
- resilience to the inevitable knock-backs and rejections
- balance and space to step back and see insightfully what the next step should be.
None of these are typically male or female traits, and all of these are naturally inside all of us.
When we lead from a place of authenticity, people are drawn to connect with us. We become less concerned with proving ourselves and more open to opportunity. With less on our mind, we have more clarity, we naturally achieve more with less effort, and recognition naturally follows.
I offer one-to-one online coaching to help you to develop as an authentic leader, giving you clarity on your mission, confidence that you are on the right path, and connecting you with your innate resilience, providing you with the ability to get the recognition you desire not just in this role, but for the rest of your career.
Ready to start the journey towards getting the recognition you deserve?
Career Hack Call
A fantastic starting point, this one-hour call will help you:
- step back and see what you’ve achieved in your career to date
- get clarity on what you really want
- identify how to balance this with the rest of your life
- know your stakeholders and understand the influence they have on your career
- “hack” these together into a plan and identify the immediate steps you need to take to get the recognition you want.
Zero risk and commitment. Just one hour of your time and £99 investment.
Authentic Leaders Programme
Designed to help you to dig deeper, in this personalised 12-week programme you will:
- identify your mission and whats really important to you
- develop the resilience to deal with whatever life throws at you
- unravel the beliefs which are stopping you from moving forward
- experience the value of creating space and balance
- become more comfortable in yourself and get recognised for who you really are.
The programme is structured as 6 one-hour one-to-one coaching sessions, supplemented with additional resources between sessions, all for just £895.
Throughout the coaching process I felt completely accepted and have discovered all sorts of resources within myself I never really consciously acknowledged as being there.