I help Women in Tech be more visible
by developing their resilience and self-belief
to become authentic leaders and role models.
Access free masterclasses, training and stories to inspire combined with a supportive community of authentic tech leaders in my facebook group.
Hi, I’m Emma,
I’ve worked in tech for the last 20 years. As a developer, as a manager, as a leader and as a coach.
If you’re anything like me you got into tech because you wanted to make a difference to the world. You love solving problems, finding solutions and seeing these turn into products that make a difference to people’s lives.
But this is a male-dominated world, and that can mean we don’t get the recognition we deserve.
As a woman working in tech, it can be challenging to carve out a career path and get to a position of influence when the leaders who create the “rules” for promotion and recognition are mostly men. Rewards are given for being achievement-focused, competitive, logical and rational, and for showing high commitment by working long hours.
Female traits, such as collaboration, connection, empathy and intuition tend not to be valued. So in order to get recognition, we need to learn to be more “male”.
But do we really? Is there another way?
The traits of true, authentic leaders are underpinned by:
- belief in ourselves and what we stand for
- connection with a mission greater than ourselves
- resilience to the inevitable knock-backs and rejections
- balance and space to step back and see insightfully what the next step should be.
None of these are typically male or female traits, and all of these are naturally inside all of us.
When we lead from a place of authenticity, people are drawn to connect with us. We become less concerned with proving ourselves and more open to opportunity. With less on our mind, we have more clarity, we naturally achieve more with less effort, and recognition naturally follows.
I offer one-to-one online coaching to help you to develop as an authentic leader, giving you clarity on your mission, confidence that you are on the right path, and connecting you with your innate resilience, providing you with the ability to get the recognition you desire not just in this role, but for the rest of your career.
Ready to start the journey towards getting the recognition you deserve?
Reboot Your Career
Created to give you space to step back from the overwhelm of day to day life and be more successful in your career, this one-hour call will help you:
- reconnect with your purpose and whats really important to you in your career
- identify how you want your career to fit with your life
- know how to de-commit from and say no to those things which no longer serve you
- be inspired to take action to put into place the changes you need.
Easy to set up and minimal commitment. Just one hour of your time and £99 investment.
Authentic Tech Leaders Mentorship Programme
Next round kicks off 27th September 2021
Designed to help you to dig deeper, in this 12-month programme you will:
- identify your mission and whats really important to you
- create space in your life to be able to focus on whats important
- develop the confidence to get out there and share your vision with others
- connect with the resilience you need to deal with whatever life throws at you
- become an authentic leader who is comfortable speaking out about what they believe in
The programme takes place in a small, private slack community and consists of pre-recorded training and live monthly workshops, supported with one-to-one and group coaching. Secure your place £595.
Throughout the coaching process I felt completely accepted and have discovered all sorts of resources within myself I never really consciously acknowledged as being there.