Authentic Tech Leaders Mentorship Programme
Develop the self-belief and connect with the resilience you need to speak up and be authentically visible, so you can make your difference in the world of tech.
12 months of leadership training and coaching amongst a supportive community of women in tech.
Doors are now closed, sign up to keep informed of dates of the next round, expected early 2022
Do you want to be a leader who makes a Positive difference?
The Authentic Tech Leaders Mentorship programme is for you if:
- you want to have more impact in your day to day work.
- you have ideas that could make a difference to the world of tech, but struggle to be heard.
- you are tired of adapting who you are so people will listen to you.
- you find yourself torn between fitting in and staying true to yourself.
I will help you connect more deeply with who you are, what’s important to you and share an understanding of state of mind which will give you the resilience to lead from your heart and soul to make your difference in the world.
Hi, I’m Emma,
I’ve worked in tech for the last 20 years, mostly at the forefront of new tech development and supporting the adoption of innovative new ideas into the industry.
Having seen how the tech world is evolving, and the huge potential it has to impact on our lives, I think it’s more important than ever before that this tech is developed by people with a diverse set of perspectives.
Technology has the potential to change our lives for the better, but to do so, it needs leaders who are coming from a place of authenticity and resilience to influence its development and how it is applied. It needs a diverse group of leaders who are true to themselves and able to represent and listen to different perspectives so that they make decisions which serve us all.
But when you’re in the minority in an industry it can be hard to speak out and be heard.
I know – I’ve been there. While the number of women in the tech industry is slowly growing, the diversity of perspectives is lagging behind. When you’re busy and overworked it’s hard to find the energy to speak out and stand up for what you believe in. It’s much easier to fit in.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Over the last few years I’ve been introduced to an understanding of our psychology that has given me new insight around stress and overwhelm, as well as connecting me with a deeper resilience and self-belief. This has given me the strength to tune in to what’s important to me, speak out more, and make the leap into setting up a business. It’s also helped me see that I can do all this in a fun, playful and enjoyable way.
This is the motivation for this mentorship programme:
- It’s about helping the future leaders of the tech industry tune into what’s important and find the resilience to speak out, so that they can influence the development of tech to the benefit of us all.
- It’s about sharing with you the understanding that has helped me to find my voice, and take a leap into the unknown.
- It’s about helping you find your path, and to know that you are resilient enough to follow it too.
- And it’s about having some fun, being playful and finding our balance along the way.
This 12 month programme will...
- help you reconnect with who you are, what you stand for and the difference you can make in the world
- give you the space to explore what leadership means to you, and develop your own leadership style
- help you find your innate resilience, so you are better able to cope with whatever life throws at you
- introduce you to a new and simple understanding of state of mind which will have a revolutionary impact on your life
- do all of this and feel less stressed and overwhelmed and more playful and adventurous.
Doors are now closed for this round. The next intake is expected in early 2022.
Do you have ideas you want to get into the tech world, if only “they” would listen?
Do you find you have to be someone you’re not in order to be heard?
Have you ever thought about how much of a toll this is taking on you? It may start as something small, but over time, continuously having to prove yourself to be someone you are not, builds up and drains your energy. It makes you less creative and intuitive, affects your performance and your ability to shine.
When we show up in life with authenticity, we take on a different persona. The people we engage with see this and are drawn to us in new ways.
When we’re proud of who we are, believe in ourselves and feel like we can deal with anything life throws at us, we lead differently.
We are less controlling, more open, more innovative and more creative.
Things just seem to flow, we are less attached to making things happen, and we have more impact.
This is what’s inspired me to set up my Authentic Tech Leaders mentorship programme.
The combination of training and coaching is designed to deepen your understanding of yourself, what’s important to you and to build the confidence and resilience you need to take your message out into the world.
You’ll learn alongside a community of other women in tech facing similar challenges, giving you a place where you can show up, be authentic and fit in and helping you connect with a new energy to take your authentic self into the world.
Would you like to be one of the participants to joining one of the future cohorts?
Here's what People are saying about the programme
This mentorship programme is designed for women who are in, or ready to step into, a position of leadership in the tech world, and who want to do this in a way which is truly authentic to them.
There are three main elements to the delivery of the programme
- sharing of new ideas via training,
- coaching and reflection to help you integrate these ideas into your life,
- access to a community of other women who bring new perspectives and additional support throughout your journey.
You will get the most out of the programme by taking the ideas shared and experimenting with them in your everyday life. As you explore and apply these ideas, you will get moments of insight, and your understanding will deepen.
Training content is delivered via a combination of pre-recorded training modules and monthly workshops sharing an underpinning understanding of state of mind and applying this understanding to core leadership challenges faced by you and other members of the community.
- Modules are delivered through a series of easily accessible 5-10 minute videos sharing an idea or concept, with suggestions of how you take them and apply them into your work.
- A workbook is available to download to help you navigate the modules and capture your learning.
- Monthly workshops, held via zoom, are based around a core leadership skill or challenge, and help you understand how the ideas shared apply across all areas of your work. These workshops will be recorded and shared to catch up or re-watch after the event.
Three coaching sessions are included in the programme to provide you with personalised one-to-one learning support:
- a one-hour one-to-one coaching call (bookable at any time over the 12 months), designed to help you to connect with your mission, get clarity on your values, and develop a greater awareness of what’s really important to you.
- 2 x 30-minute one-to-one coaching calls to discuss any topic of your choice.
- a bonus one-hour one-to-one coaching call on any topic if you commit before 12th Sept 2021.
You will also receive 20% discount on any further coaching calls booked with me while part of the programme.
You will join a small (< 25) community of other female leaders in tech, with plenty of opportunity to connect and provide support and advice to one another via:
- Weekly reflection calls (held on zoom) for you to drop-in and share your experiences and get advice and support, helping you to get to know the other members of the community at the same time.
- A private community on slack, where you will be able to connect, share your learnings, and celebrate with others as you go through your journey. I provide active support in the slack group answering questions.
You will receive access to the community, the content and coaching for 12 months, meaning there is no pressure to “do” everything straight away. You can take your time to absorb the ideas, returning to them as needed as you integrate them into your daily life.
the next Cohort will Join the programme in Early 2022
The four core modules are designed to share underpinning ideas around how your mind works and how it impacts the way you show up, as well as helping you connect with what’s most important to you.
The modules are all stand-alone and can be taken in any order, depending on what feels most relevant to you.
Module 1 - Understanding State Of Mind
Our state of mind impacts the way we see and interact with the world.
In a high state of mind we are clear, calm, creative, resourceful and productive. In a low state of mind we may feel insecure, overwhelmed, defensive and everything feels like hard work.
Noticing the way that your state of mind fluctuates allows you to make better decisions, have more impact, be more productive and tap into more creativity – all things we need to be a good leader.
This module is an introduction to state of mind, what it is, how it is created and how it affects the way that you show up on a moment-by-moment basis.
We will build on these ideas throughout the rest of the programme to help you incorporate them into your work and life.
Module 2 - See Your Innate Resilience
Being a leader is tough. You need to put yourself out there and you will fail at times. People will disagree with you, judge you, and have opinions about you and what you do.
It will hurt at times. At others it will feel scary. But you will always bounce back. This module is all about helping you to see that you are ok, even when you think you aren’t.
These ideas will be introduced using a range of example scenarios, with the opportunity for you to apply them to your own challenges and experiences through the workshops, reflection calls and one-to-one coaching sessions.
Module 3 - Discover Your Mission
In order to show up authentically and champion the things you believe in, it’s important to know what’s important to you.
This module contains a range of exercises to help you to uncover the difference you want to make in the world.
Knowing who you are and what you believe in gives you the foundation to turn up authentically, be consistent and be you.
This module is supported by a one-hour one-to-one coaching session, which can be taken at any time during the 12 month programme, to help you consolidate your ideas and identify how they translate into your career.
Module 4 - Enhance Your Productivity
As leaders, there is always more to do than there is time to do it.
Prioritisation of tasks, and where to invest your energy to have the most impact is an important leadership skill.
But while there are plenty of systems, tools and techniques for time management, we can end up spending a lot of energy getting caught up in the analysis and processes, losing what we really need – the space and time for our thinking to settle.
In this module we explore productivity from different perspectives, with the aim of helping you to discover how much more impact you have when you prioritise your wellbeing.
Each month there will be a workshop, held via zoom, where we will explore a leadership topic and, building on the ideas shared in the core modules, we will unpick how they apply.
You will be encouraged to bring along your own challenges in relation to the topic, so that you start to understand and experience how the ideas shared apply to your world.
Topics will be adapted to the requirements of the group, examples include:
- Being an authentic leader
- Increasing your visibility
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders
- Growing your influence
- Doing what’s important
- Dealing with difficult people
- Overcoming fear of failure
- Finding balance amongst the chaos
If these topics resonate with you and you’d like to explore them in more detail with my support and a group of other amazing women, click to receive updates on the next round of the programme.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Level Of Commitment Is Necessary To Get The Most From This Programme?
The programme has been designed so that there are a range of activities with different levels of commitment that you can mix and match to suit you over the period of the 12 months.
- The training modules have been designed so that you can take 10 minutes to watch, then apply them throughout your day. If you are able to find 15-30 minutes a day for 2-4 weeks over the 12 months, you will get plenty of new insight.
- The workshops will be 60 – 90 minutes once a month, and while they will build on ideas in the core modules, you won’t need to have completed them in advance. They are not essential to attend, but they will help you incorporate the ideas in the core modules into your life and work.
- the weekly reflection sessions will last for 30-60 minutes and are there for you to attend when you need them.
Being completely honest – you’ll get the most learning out of this programme if you have got things going on in the background – because it will mean you have real things to go out there and apply it to. This training isn’t theoretical. The more you can apply it to the tough situations, the more insight you will get and the more you will learn.
The main question to ask yourself now is if this is something that you would like to do? If the answer is yes, then if not now, then when?
How does all of this fit with my current role or job?
It’s too easy get caught up in the delivery what we think our role is, but roles can have many different interpretations and perspectives. If someone else was doing your role I’m sure they would do it differently – so there is a different way!
This programme will give you the opportunity to step back and take a look at what’s important to you, and then look at your job from a new perspective. In particular it will encourage you to look at how you can use the role as an opportunity to achieve your mission, and give you the tools to have conversations about how you can shift your job to do more of what’s important to you.
You’ll come away from the programme with a better understanding of the different ways your role could evolve and decide which works best for you, and if you discover your current role is not working for you, it will create a solid foundation on which to take the next step in your career.
Is this programme exclusively for women?
One of the core elements of the programme is access to a community of people who have an understanding of the challenges each other are facing, and that they feel safe to open up and discuss these challenges as they emerge. Finding a community of female leaders to bounce ideas off is rare in tech, and so this is my focus for the programme.
In addition, the programme has been designed from the perspective of my experience of a woman working in the male-dominated environment of tech – so I know that this is who the content is most relevant to.
While the underpinning ideas are universal and could be useful to anyone, there are topics that I don’t cover that I might include if the audience were broader. I want to be as inclusive as possible while ensuring that all those that join the programme find the environment they need to thrive.
If you do not identify as female, but the programme resonates, I’d love to talk it through with you and understand your needs, and figure out how you would fit. You can book a chat with me here.
What's this understanding of psychology of mind that underpins the programme?
The understanding that underpins this programme was first shared by a Scottish welder named Sydney Banks. It is a simple description of how our minds work and how we experience the world.
It is has been referred to as the “inside out understanding”, the “three principles”, and “health realisation” amongst other things. You may recognise elements of mindfulness, of neurolinguistic programming, and cognitive based therapy alongside other treatments and approaches that are out there.
I’ve explored many of these alternative approaches and have found them useful. The thing I find most useful about the 3 principles understanding is that it’s not trying to “be” anything except a simple description of how our minds work. It doesn’t say what to do – that interpretation is up to you. What it continuously does is point you to look towards what is true, and be open to question anything that isn’t.
I won’t be asking you to just accept anything I share. I will be encouraging you to maintain an open mind, test things out, see if they could be true – and decide whether or not to absorb it into your life.
Do you offer a payment plan?
Yes, I offer the option to spread the payments for the programme over 3, 6 or 12 months for a small additional fee.
I know it can sometimes be hard to pull together this level of funding in one go. If you’d like to explore options and find the plan that works best for you, please book a call here.
What happens at the end of the 12 months?
At the end of the 12 months you will have the option to remain a part of the community, continuing to access the workshops and reflection calls for a small monthly subscription fee.
If you choose to leave the community, you will always have the option to re-join for as long as it exists.
I'm interested, but I'd like to speak to you about it first, how do I do this?
I know there are likely to be plenty of questions that I haven’t answered here.
I’m always happy to have a chat and talk you through any of your questions or concerns. Book a call with me and I’ll help you figure out if this is right for you.
I promise there will be no hard sell – just an exploration of how this might fit with whatever is going on for you right now!
Does this sound like it fits what you need?
I’d love to have you join our community!