If you’re wondering if you have the time to get out there and be more visible (let alone join my visibility challenge next week), then let me explain why you need to start to make being visible a part of your daily routine.
Increasing your visibility can help you to grow your network, and ensure that they know your skills and capabilities, your achievements and the things you love to do.
When you connect with the right people in your network, you can have them out there championing you and scouting for opportunities, and not just bringing you rewards and recognition, but also getting you involved in the projects you love to do.
When you’re visible to them in the right way, they become aware of who you are, what you stand for and what you can do, and when they see an opportunity that suits you, you’ll be at the top of their mind.
This might mean that:
- when you apply for a promotion you have someone in the process who can vouch for you because they know who you are
- you naturally get put forward for awards and pay increases because they know the difference you’ve made
- people come to you with job offers rather than you having to search for yourself
- you have credibility when you make a suggestion and so people listen and take action
- you get invited to be part of projects and to join opportunities which both suit your skills and fit the things you love to do.
I’m not saying this will all suddenly happen overnight.
It takes time to grow your network and ensure people know you in the right way, but with a strategic and targeted approach and a little bit of effort each day, you’ll be surprised at how things start to shift and the benefits it brings.
In next week’s visibility challenge I’ll be getting you started by introducing you to some of the key ideas that will form your “visibility campaign”, giving you a platform to help you show up consistently a little bit each day, knowing what to do and why.
By the end of the challenge, you’ll know who to target, with what message, and how to approach them.
If any of these five things are on your list to do over the next 6-12 months (or possibly even sooner), then this visibility challenge will make a huge difference for you.
It all kicks off next Monday, 28th November. Sign up to join and get all the info at emmacowling.com/VisibilityChallengeSignUp